We plan to open Logan on Friday, June 5th as Montgomery County moves into the yellow phase. After much discussion and with the safety of our members our primary concern, we will be instituting the following policies:
1. All five courts will be in use with doubles on courts 1, 3 & 5.
2. Singles on courts 2 & 4.
3. All courts will be reserved prior to play by usingreservemycourt.com. Please register using Logan Tennis Club as your Home Club. Registration is free and the site is pretty user friendly. Start by clicking 'Sign Up' in the upper right section of the website. Please contact Tim Terry if you have any trouble registering.
4. Court time limits will be 2 hrs for doubleson courts 1, 3, 5 and 1 hr for singles on courts 2 & 4, which includes sweeping of the court.
5. Reservations are limited to 1 per day and can be made up to one week in advance.
6. Only one person needs to make the court reservation, but please indicate in the 'NOTE 'section all players who will be on the court. Please do not reserve a court until you have confirmed with the other players involved.
7. Members can have one guest per court with guest fee waived until July 1. This will give everyone a chance to introduce people to Logan and help those members who may have difficulty arranging a game.
8. Players must bring their own balls. No balls will be available at Logan. It is recommended that each player serves with his or her own balls. Sharpies will be provided on each court. If your court decides to “share” the balls, please be mindful not to touch any other balls that inadvertently roll on to your court. Just use your racquet to push the balls back to the appropriate court.
9. Men’s and women’s locker room will be open for bathroom use only. There will be no changing or showering. Please bring your own towel, as towels have been removed from the locker room.
10. No congregating on the deck before or after play. Please wait in your car until your court partners arrive. Access codes will be issued on Thursday to all paid members. You can register at reservemycourt.com at anytime, but you will not be able to make a court reservation until membership dues are paid.
11. We will have cleaning supplies on all courts and no touch soap dispensers in both locker rooms. All surfaces (locks, gates, toilets, sinks, etc.) will be cleaned daily, but it will be up to all of us to maintain a safe environment. Masks and gloves are not mandatory, but any additional safety measures each individual wants to take are encouraged.
This is obviously a new procedure for Logan, so there are bound to be some hiccups. Please be patient. The purpose of these rules is to prevent congestion at the courts and to keep our members safe.
Please keep in mind we are opening under unprecedented circumstances. The policies mentioned above will be reviewed and changed as needed, but it’s a starting point. We hope these policies will allow everyone to play tennis in a safe and enjoyable environment. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.