LOGAN TENNIS CLUB- RULES AND REGULATIONS
- SINGLES — 45 minutes, plus 5 minutes to sweep court.
- DOUBLES — 1 hour and 15 minutes, plus 5 minutes to sweep court.
- When time is completed, you must stop playing and sweep the ENTIRE court.
- When playing doubles and one player retires after 1 set, the remaining players may select a replacement for the remainder of their time.
- If 2 players retire from play, the court must be surrendered.
- Upon arrival, place your name on the waiting list on the chalk board. Failure to do so forfeits one’s right to play to other members who wrote their name on the board first.
- A player may not sign the waiting list and leave the club. Leaving the club will result in forfeiting your place.
- All names and time must be written on the board whenever playing, regardless if anyone is waiting or if there are empty courts. Failure to do so subjects you to being bumped automatically.
ORDER OF PLAY
- The top name on the board may select anyone to play singles.
- The top three names listed may choose anyone as a fourth for doubles. Senior members must be asked first.
- The top one or two names listed cannot choose any players from the list to play doubles. They must ask players directly below them in descending order to play until players are found to fill a doubles game. If the top one or two names wish to play with specific players on the board, they must give up their turn and wait for them.
- A player or group of players may elect to wait to play on a specific court even if other courts are empty.
- GUESTS MUST BE REGISTERED by their host who is responsible for a guest fee of $5.00.
- Once a guest is registered, he has SENIOR status for the day. Family members are not considered guests with senior status and are subject to the rules applicable to family members even if more restrictive.
- Guests are allowed to play a MAXIMUM OF 3 TIMES DURING THE SEASON.
- No guests may play on Holidays.
- On weekends, guests are ONLY allowed to play after 12:00 p.m. An exception is made for an occasional guest from out of town who is a family relation. Such guests may play anytime on the weekend or Holiday.
JUNIOR AND FAMILY MEMBERS:
- Family members include children, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, grandchildren, spouse or significant other.
- No Junior or Family members can be picked to play if a senior member is waiting. This applies to singles and doubles. Junior and family members can be bumped if a senior member is waiting. SuperSeniors are excepted and can choose a Junior or Family member to play even if Senior members are waiting and cannot be bumped.
- On Sundays after 3:00 p.m., family members playing with a Senior member cannot be bumped once they have signed up and are on the court. Senior members still have priority on the board.
- There is NO limit to the number of times a Family member may play during the season; Family members may play on a Holiday.
WHEN TWO COURTS ARE UNAVAILABLE:
- Singles and doubles are limited to 35 minutes.
- When a 4th court opens up, players already playing are still subject to the shortened time limits. However, all new players on any of the courts are subject to the regular time limits.
- There is none; men may play without shirts. Tennis clothes are encouraged.
- Cell phones should be on silent ring or turned off. Cell phones MUST be used outside the fence and not court-side.
- Food and beverages taken from the kitchen must be signed for.
- The LAST MEMBER to use the facilities must lock the Club House Doors, turn off the lights and the air conditioner, and lock all of the GATES before leaving.
LOGAN RULES OF ETIQUETTE
- All members shall be courteous to the neighbors and treat them with respect.
- All members shall observe the 5 MPH speed limit when entering or leaving the Club and drive safely through the neighborhood.
- All members shall be courteous to one another and shall use their best efforts to avoid loud confrontations, foul language or other displays of temper.
- Don’t sulk when you are losing; instead, praise your opponent’s good shots.
- Above all, try to make tennis a fun game for all participants.